RE: Euro-switch help...

>If you notice, I don't care much about most of the
>positions, all
>	>I want is a) DRL's, b) Fogs & headlights and c) Fogs & headlights
>on
>	>highbeam.
>
>Wait, if this is all you want, won't the stock switch accomplish
>this? Unless the fogs turn off when you turn on the highbeam, you've already
>got everything covered. Another option you may want to have is the ability
>to have low beams + highbeams + foglights all at the same time. Any place
>that sells the euroswitch also sells a "bridge" (simply a small piece of
>metal that goes in place of a relay you need to pull). For the Jetta this
>feature will only work when holding down the high beam (ie. not clicking it
>where the high beam stays on).

Kevin-

You're right about one thing, and I wouldn't recommend the other.

Based on what people have been saying, my wish to run my fogs with the
highbeams can be accomplished by replacing relay 110 with a bridge (correct
me if I'm wrong).

However, in NO CASE should you run low beams AND high beams with stock
Jetta lights because it is a single assembly dual-filament light. Running
both the high and the low beam simultaneously will cause damage to the
light from heat damage (causing cracking or breaking of the filament).

I think I want the Euro switch because it will allow me the option of
adding the rear fogs in the future (not needed at the moment, but in a few
months, the northwet (sp!) will become just that.

-Khan