Re: Central Locking/Alarm

Mark,

What is happening to my car sounds like the same exact thing that happened
to yours.  The alarm also goes off about 50% of the time when I am trying to
start it and the other 50% of the time it won't start at all (when this
happens the alarm light is blinking, but the doors are unlocked) until I get
out of the car and act like I am unlocking it (I say "acting" because the
car is not locked).  I then get back in the car and it starts.  Ughhhhhhhh!

I talked to the dealer and they said they would fix it.  They might change
their minds when they realize how much it costs to fix if it is the same
thing as your was.

Casey Taylor
94 GLX when it decides to start

>>> Mark A Williams <mw6b+@andrew.cmu.edu> 06/07/99 12:39PM >>>
Casey,
    I bought a black '95 GLX in December, and had some similar problems.
 Sunroof would jam open.  Dome lights wouldn't work.  Alarm would go off
randomly as the result of locking/unlocking the car.  Central locking
would sometimes work, sometimes not.

    The dealer characterized it as an "itermittent short" in the fusebox
that had eventually fragged my alarm computer.  They replaced the
fusebox and computer, and now all's well.  Be forewarned, though, the
repairs cost some ungodly amount of money...luckily I was under
warranty.  Hopefully you are too.

Hope that helped,
--Mark Williams

'95 StealthJet...Bilstein/SofSport/rollbars should be here any day now.