Re: cd changer

Be careful... VW has been using two different head-unit systems for
their late-model vehicles (either Panasonic or Clarion).  The BOSE
system is actually a Panasonic head-unit.

Greg - make sure your stock head-unit has a flat cassette door.  If it
has a tab on it, then it is a Clarion... which means the CD changer will
not work with the BOSE system.

If you find out your CD changer will not work, then try Crutchfield for
a new CD changer and adapter.  They have the right stuff for your
BOSE system.  This is where I got my system and I have the exact
car you do ('98 White/Beige leather GLX w/ BOSE system).

c-ya,

-Chuck Simpson