Re: Chip install

I've heard that a heat gun works well, it heats up all the pins on the
chip at the same time making it easier to remove.

That being said, I'd probably take it to a good local electronics shop and
have them socket the board. It will make things easier if you ever have to
have the car serviced at the dealer.

Hope this helped,
-Naresh

'95 Jetta GL- Black