Re: Cleaning rims

Casey,
   I have, in the past, used Zymol's rim care stuff (Zymol is a good car
care products brand). It works pretty well. After a decent cleaning of
the rims (at a manual car wash or in your driveway with the hose and a
soft scrubber), let them dry. Apply the spray-on goop. Let it sit for a
minute. Then use the provided soft-bristle brush on the rims. Yes, it
takes time and elbow grease, but it works pretty well for me.
-Tom
'95GLX (76K mi, eek!)

>I have a '94 with the stock BBS rims.  I know most of you who have 94's and
>95's probably have aftermarket rims on them, but I am in the poorhouse and
>cannot go there right now.  Is there any sort of product I can buy to try to
>clean these babies without using my old toothbrush?  I thought my old GTI
>rims were tough to clean, but they have since been surpassed by the BBS's.
>All of the spray and foam products I have tried don't work very well.  Have
>I missed one that is amazing?  Please tell me so!  Thanks for any help you
>can give!!!
>
>Casey Taylor
>94 GLX

Zip-zap ... zip-zap ... it's Tom ... Tom Boyer ... cyng@lamere.net!