Re: Changing foglight bulb?

Voltaire Almendrala wrote:

> I'm trying to change the foglight bulbs and am having difficulty taking out
> the bulb. I've gotten as far as taking the cover off the back and seeing a
> spring assembly. Tried pressing it together and away from each other to pop
> the bulb out but no dice. Could someone please share any tips/tricks on how
> to accomplish this seemingly simple task? It would be much appreciated!
>
> -VA
> 97 Jetta GLX
> "Blair Witch Edition"

 Once the black rear section is off, there will be 2 "clips" that you will need
to undo.  Do them one at a time by slightly pushing down on the "clip" and
sliding it in off of the mounting point on the light.  Once both are off, pull
the bulb out making note of how it was postioned and there will be a wire to
unclip.  Unclip the wire and discard old bulb.

 Be careful NOT to touch the new bulb with your hands as the oil from your skin
will cause the light to explode when lit.  Carefully place bulb in position,
hook up wire, clip on the securing tabs and put the rear back on, you're
done....

--

-Steve.

http://users.sgi.net/~vwsport/97gti