Aligning the hood...

Hi,

Okay...  so I have my new dual headlights, Golf grille, and
Golf hood on my Jetta.  Installation was a pain in my ass because
it was a bitch aligning the headlights up to have a uniform gap
inbetween the headlight bezels and golf grill/hood.  After 6.5
hours of install time, my last step is to align my hood so the
gap between the front-side body and the hood has a uniform gap
all around.  I can't seem to get it to align properly and I
currently have a bit more gap on the driver-side compared to
the passenger side.  You can barely notice the difference, but
it annoys the hell out of me.  I want to make sure I have a good
quality fitting.  I'm pretty picky when it comes to fit & finish.

Are there any procedures for aligning the hood properly?  Or do
I just have to fiddle with it until I get it right (which may
never happen considering I've spent several hours getting it the
way it is now)?

Ugh... please help.

BTW... I'm very please with the outcome so far.  I'll post a picture
up on the web when I have everything complete.  I bought the Votex Dual
headlight kit... so many of you may not have seen this kit yet.  The
only pix I could find on the web are of dark cars.  I personally think
it looks way better against white paint (personal preference I guess).

c-ya,

-Chuck Simpson...
'98 White Jetta GLX "slightly mis-aligned hood edition"