purchase of 95

Thanks to all who gave me hints on what to look for on the '95.

I saw it tonight and was quite impressed, to a point.

It's black (not my favorite color) and the body seems in really good
condition.  Except for the door bumper moulding, which was falling off.  I
actually grabbed it and took it off completely and stuck it in the trunk.
The salesman was there and thought it was a good idea so it didn't get lost
on the road test.

Next "problem" is that there was water spray inside the driver door.  I got
there just after a heavy downpour with driving winds.  Is there a history of
problems with leaks on the GLX?  I looked over all the door seals and they
seem fine (soft with no cracks).  I was told that the last salesman to have
the car out was known for not closing doors completely and I partially buy
it, but I'm also being cautious.  We did take it into the wash bay and he
truned the pressure washer on all the door seals.  No signs of a leak.

Finally, the parking brake cable seems to be binding, and the brakes not
completely releasing.  I've experienced this problem before and it's a
simple matter of replacing the cable.

Driving impressions.....it's tight and strong.  It didn't feel like there
was loads of power there when I really went hard from a light, but then I
looked at the speed.  Fast car.

There was a full size spare in the trunk.....should it have a BBS rim?  I
didn't look at it.

They are asking $18,900.00 CDN (tax included) for it and it has 88,000 kms.
I'm thinking of offering $17,500.  Sound fair?

Should I be really concerned about the water thing?

Thoughts?

Jeff Bell
Calgary, Canada