Re: New member

>check the seat belt if its not hooked up the car wont start...could be a
>reson if its a 5speed make sure u press down the clutch all the way....i
>think airbags run in the 800s at least for my boys mr2 they did IMOHO they
>suck thats cause i drive an 85 also i think power steering is dumb if u need
>help to turn the wheel u shouldnt be driving ;-)

The seat belt on an A3 Jetta does not need to be plugged in in order for
the car to start. The chime will ding, however, until either it is
plugged in or about 10 seconds have passed, whereupon it shuts itself
off. Neither does the clutch need to be depressed for the car to start.
Some American cars need this (GM models, mainly, need the clutch to be
touching the floor (it presses an ignition-enabling button when it's down
all the way) for the car to start), but the VWs do not. If the car in
question is an automatic, and I probably don't need to say this, make
sure that it's in park.
-T
'95GLX
'84GLi