Re: New member

Sergio,

To get to radio off of safe mode you need a code.  It is normally located
in your car's manual, but I have a feeling it probably didn't come with it.
You need to find out what VW dealer this car was originally bought from and
have them look up your radio code.  That should take care of it.  Hope this
helps.

Casey Taylor
94 GLX
71 Camaro in high school

>>> Sergio Trejo <supernovas@home.com> 07/13/99 01:52AM >>>
Hi all,
   My name is Sergio, I just subscribed to this List,  I have been
driving Old Chevys for quite sometime now...I have a 69 Nova SS with a
454 Big Block, a 70 Nova with a 396 big block, a 71 Camaro with a 400
smal block and a Large Cadillac! as you can see I spend a lot of money
in Gasoline! So I decided to buy me a more economical Car, today I
bought a 1995 Jetta in a car auction and need some info, here are the
questions:

   * It doesn't have a driver air bag, it seems that one of the guys
     that works in the auction place stole the air bag out of the car,
     cause as soon as I placed the winning bid, he came near me and said
     that he had an airbag replacement. How hard to find and how
     expensive are the driver air bags for this particular car?
   * It didn't have a battery, so when I towed it home I put a battery,
     turn the key but it won't start, the radio reads "SAFE", the ring
     from the door being opened comes on, the Odometer and Instrument
     cluster comes alive but the rest of the car won't go, is there a
     switch that I have to turn or a button or something where I have to
     do something for the car to start?
   * Where can I find aftermarket / Performance parts for this car?

I'll stop right there, I have a lot more questions...but I'll keep it
short for now!
Thanks In advance
I'll be anxiously awaiting for all your replies....I'm glad to be here.
Sergio