RE: European delivery -- Was: Slightly Off Topic (BMW question)

Sorry, European delivery does not mean getting a euro-spec car. Due to
EPA/DOT regulations, it is nearly impossible to get most/any modern
euro-spec cars into the States. European delivery is simply a system that
most of the European manufacturers set up where you:

- Order the car from your local dealer
- Possibly save some money (maybe 10%)
- Pick the car up at the factory or customer service center (usually
includes factory tour, lunch, etc. - depends on the company and how ritzy
they are)
- Receive insurance to cover your time in Europe (included in the purchase
price)
- Spend however long driving around in Europe
- Drop the car off at a shipping point where the Euro radio is replaced with
US-spec.
- Pick up your new car back in the states 1-3 months later (after shipping
and dealer prep).

BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, Saab, and I believe Audi all have programs set up. I
haven't heard about anything with VW, but they might have one. Sometimes
they can even include airfare and a night or two in a hotel.