RE: GLX woes (long)

If I were you, I would NOT renew the lease...
Even if they give you the factory 10/100 warranty on the new motor,
there WILL be an effect later in the car's life.

Cool sealing story.
I always brush my fat buns on the door seal getting into and out of the
buckets and I have scuffed the seal quite a bit, i doubt mine would seal as
well...

Had a similar thing happen when I banzaied my A1 GLI into 24" deep
water a long time ago....I got through it with inertia, but the
car sputtered for a fe minutes after that...  ;)

You need to put a Jolly Roger sticker in the window now and christen the
car....
;)

Later
-cab