Re: Slightly Off Topic (BMW question)

Steve,

a buddy of mine owns a '99 M3 and and a month ago he said that the next
generation M3 off of the E-46 platform will have a inline 6 pumping out
340 hp.  Yesterday, he informed me that due to a hefty weight increase
in the car, extra sound deadening, extra welds (rigidity),etc. the car
just might have the 8 cylinder engine similiar to the one in the
upcoming M5.  On the price, it is supposed to go up about $5,000.00

Hope this helps,

David Kim
1997 Vento GLX