RE: Oil Filter

Patrick,

The oil filter you need is made by Hengst. I don't have the part number
handy, but it is specifically made for the VR6. You can try your local
dealer or auto parts store, but beware, they may charge you some outrageous
price like $25. I got mine for $10 from Timmons VW (mail order). Make sure
you get the one for '96.5 and later models. I've got some extra ones if you
want--$10 and I'll throw in the copper drain plug washer you'll need to do
the oil change as well.

Kevin
97 GLX Windsor Blue