Re: How to clear check engine light?

John Jensen wrote:

> Last week I sputtered out of gas in my '96 pulling into the station. After
> filling up, it started rough and then ran fine. However the check engine
> light has been on ever since. I tried disconcting the battery for ~4 hours,
> but the light is still on. The car runs fine, and I have no desire to take
> it in. Is there an easy way to clear this light?
>
> TIA
>
> JJ

 I think it'll cycle through after a few days.  The CE light will trigger off
after xx starts and xx miles (or something like that...).  Anyhow, give it a
few days to cycle and if it doesn't work its way clear by a week or so, make a
stop by your local Vdub mechanic to pull the codes.  I wouldn't worry about it,
heard this happening before and it goes out on its own...

YMMV.

--

-Steve.

Projektzwo Edition Golf