Re: K&N

Agreed. About two weeks ago I installed a K&N R8081 filter and it seems like my Jetta started breathing...
Also before I changed the filter there was that weird smell inside car that disappeared after the change

>>> mpcripps <mpcripps@atl.mediaone.net> 07/04 11:25 AM >>>
I've had a K&N installed in my '99 for 15K+ miles w/o a glitch. I think
the dealer's blowing smoke up your butt. IF the filter was over-oiled
MAYBE that could happen, but the more likely cause is overfilling the
crankcase.

Buy the K&N. Your Jetta yearns to breathe freely.

Regards,

Mike