RE: Bilstein/Neuspeed Question

Title: RE: Bilstein/Neuspeed Question

Tell me more about the coilovers -- what are the pros/cons versus a more traditional set-up?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Newton [mailto:Jeff_Newton@pmc-sierra.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 1999 1:47 PM
To: jettaglx@igtc.com
Subject: RE: Bilstein/Neuspeed Question

They can but if you lower more than 1" the strut may bottom under
severe suspension compression.  Bilstein Sports have a 1.5" shorter
shaft which is meant for lowering applications.  The shock valving is
the same as the HDs.

So take your pick.  If you plan to go lower than 1" get the sports.
If not, get the HDs.  In either case, you will love them.

BTW, just to confuse you, the Sports can be used if you don't lower
the car as well.

As an alternative, you could just bag the Neuspeed/Bilstein idea and
get some H&R Coilovers.  Very nice ride/handling and only a few
hundred more than a standard shock/spring setup.  Definately worth it!

Cheers,

Jeff Newton
97 GLX
H&R Coilovers installed - FINALLY!

> Why can't HDs be used if you're lowering the car?

 If so,
> any comments?  Talked to the folks at VW Sport, which is near me,
and they
> really recommended this set-up for people looking for a moderate
drop (1")
> and major improvement in handling, which worsening ride quality too
much.
> My 98 GLX is a daily driver ...
>
> Thanks,
> Steve