Crazy Drivers in East Coast

Not to start bitching about the way others drive but today had to be the worst
for me ever with my VW...

In PA we got hit with sleet, ice, snow and freezing rain in the past 24 hrs.
Well, tonight assisting a friend, who totaled his A2 GTi this week, from
work...we were almost taken out by a Jeep Grand Cherokee, a Durango, and a
Ram...now I know 4 wheel drive allows better handling but it doesn't mean you
can go 60 in a 45 with snow and sleet covered roads, or did I miss that
section in the Jeep owners manuals?  All 3 drives were women, and no offense
to women drives cause I know there are ones out there that could kill me in
driving, but they must have had the mentality that my husband bought me 4
wheel drive so the weather doesnt affect me.
Sorry for the flame but I needed to get it out before I die, so all know the
reasons for my departure.

Jeff

BTW-After looking this over I just noticed, maybe its that Chrysler Motors has
a thing to take out VW's?  :)