Re: AMS Charger

In a message dated 99-01-08 11:17:31 EST, dave.leahy@cwix.com writes:

<<
 Hey everybody,
 I'm trying to get some REAL #'s as far as people that are driving around with
the AMS Super Charger. I know there is one in Portland on a GTI but that is it
for sure. I interested in people that have actually seen it ON THE CAR. Not "I
heard this guy was supposed to get one.."
 AMS didn't/couldn't/wouldn't/ tell me so I am taking my quest to the
people....

 Thanks,
 Dave

Yep! Greg Coe and I have SEEN IT ON A CAR and took a short drive(in the
rain)....
One Word...This Charger should have been an OEM option on our cars....
The AMS ROCKS!!! Its very easy to install....A Metal bracket the AMS bolts up
to   the bracket bolts up with 4 bolts on the side of the cylinder head....It
comes with an TB tube, with a cut out for the AirMass meter....and the
Supercharger is ready....IMHO  I loved this thing...The boost starts at
2800rpm's and then when u hit the 5000 mark......Your neck snaps back and the
landscape becomes very blury!!!! Look down, and the speedo is racing by the
100mph mark!
I this is the best blower for everyday driving...it does not put any stress on
the motor.(in normal driving)

Problems! First gear feels like your car is on ICE! The car goes side to
side....and Half of the Second gear feels the same..wheel spin is Crazy!(not 4
the 1/4 mile)

This AMS car, Is now on its 4th trans!!!!!!!!!!(the Original trans got busted,
the dealership replaced it, then that got trashed, then the dealership said
NOT AGAIN..SEE YA!  the kid bought a new complete trans from the dealership
for $2300..then he trashed that too, and now he drives on the 4th trans from
Rons parts)....Blowing transmissions is very Normal. :)
If u got the $3800 don't even blink....Get the damn thing! but, make sure u
got a trans sitting in your basement! :)

DGTIVR6
6/97 Gti-vr6 DE