Re: ABS to be or not to be

Chris,
 I have the same problem. I have cleaned all sensors. I have checked
all connections and the F-ing light comes on after about 10 minutes. I
  have not yet cleaned inside the rear disk where the sensors scan the
teeth. I'm thinking maybe they are all covered with grim/road filth. I
have been informed that the system checks for a certain battery
charge. If the battery is getting weak it will set off the fault
light. I am goin to chharge my battery this weekend to give this a
try. Of course, I have to find my radio code before taking the battery
out.
Have been told by the dealer that the fault code can only be picked up
while it is on(?????). Of course they want to charge me 80 bucks an
hour to start my car and wait for the light to go on, plus I have to
leave it all day. They wont let me drive in with it on so they can
read the code( and save me money and time). Have priced the parts. ABS
computer is 750.00, Sensors run about 175.00 each... My light started
coming on at about 50,000 miles.
PS. let me know what you find out ...........