RE: [VWdrivers] Brake Caliper paint...

Hey Chuck,

Folia Tec caliper paint is probably the best way to go if you want quality
and durablility, but it's expensive ($40-50). I used Dupli-Color engine
enamel spray paint found locally at an AutoZone. It is a bit tricky though
because with spray paint you need to either remove the calipers (not easy)
or mask everything off or else you will get paint specks all over the car
like I did (albeit easily removed with Clay Magic). After 6 months or so the
paint has held up very well, save some chips from rocks and such. I applied
4 or 5 coats with one can, though 3 is probably sufficient. Make sure the
coats are thin and even, and clean the calipers thoroughly with brake
cleaner before application. BTW I hear Testors model paint pens work well
too.

Hope that helps,
Kevin