Anti - Radar commentary. . .

Thought I'd throw in another opnion here. . .when I purchased my 94 Chevy
Impala SuperSport (Corvette LT-1 engine, stock 260hp @ the flywheel, mine
was dynoed at 298 @ the REAR WHEELS) I purchased a Bell 745sti (about
$300), at the time  the top of the line Bell and second only to the
Valentine 1.  It probably saved me 2 tickets by giving me a good heads up
on speed traps, but you have to listen to a radar and monitor it like a
cop listens to the policeband radio. . .constantly I had to turn down the
radio, stop, slow down, listen, look . . .all because of microwave
interference which has to set of the radar probably 95% of the time (even
other radar detectors set them off!).  So you're saying it saved me two
tickets. . why am I complaining?  I'm complaining about the 9 that it
didn't save me.  Once I was li-dared (laser radar), aimed right at my
rear license plate plate, the Bell 745 never even saw it coming.  Others
were times I was being paced by cops, or if you're going fast and they
can't radar you they can just write you up for wreckless driving!  And. .
if you're stupid enough to be traveling in the mid triple digit speeds
like I was, Radar detector or not, if their is a cop out - you are
screwed.  . . .And. . .my strongest evidence against radar. . .cops will
just hide and not turn it on until you are in the crosshairs and dead.
Unless you have speed of light reaction time you are hit the moment a cop
turns on one of the newer "instant on" guns.  Your radar detector (no
matter what brand) will pick up instant-on radar of the cop gunning cars
ahead of you in traffic. . . I haven't had a radar detector for a year
and a half and have gotten absolutely NO tickets.  In my opnion, it gives
you a false sense of extrodinarily large cajones. . . .just use your
common sense and make sure their is always someone going faster than you
or that you don't put yourself at risk by flying through very blind spots
where cops could hide. . .

To sum it up, I will never own a radar detector again . .it's money
wasted .. . .

-Ryan

PS - I am in the market for a 94-95 GLX, if you're selling yours please
email me.
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]