Can't wait

Hey, everyone thanks for the information about the Garret chip.  I placed my
order on Wednesday and I should have it by Saturday.  Well during all the
excitement, a problem has come up.  Yesterday I was at the dealer for a
problem that I was having, water leaking through the roof.  They think that
its coming for the sunroof and they told me to bring it in on Monday and
leave it there for a few days while I drive around in a rent-a-car (which
they are paying for).  They are also planning to do the 20k service.  Now I
am really excited about getting the chip, and want to put it in as soon as I
get it, which should be on Saturday.  Here's the question, if I do put the
chip in on Saturday, will they be able to detect it when they run that VW
tool on it?  Or should I just leave it until I get my car back (who knows
when)?

Thanks
Franklin

BTW - when it rains the water will come through the rear left ceiling light
on the drivers side.  Has anyone else had this problem?

winmail.dat