Re: sluggish V6/aggressive pull out/ garret chip/ K&N

>>As far as the Garrett chip I'm seriously considering it.<<

Excellent choice. However, if the car feels sluggish and is getting poor
gas mileage I'd get it checked out. I average 26.5-27.5mpg on a tank,
but this is also at an average of over 40mph per tank. You may also want
to check the "snow screen" in the airbox. It is a fine mesh screen
screwed to the inside of the intake side of the airbox and could be
clogged with crap...

>>Maybe what I consider "sluggish" is the lower gears hitting their maximum, therefore having to shift what I feel is prematurely. On the A2, I can do 55mph in third gear. Of course, I can't put one in till my warranty ends. >:-[<<

Sounds to me like you aren't revving it out. You should be able to do 60
in 2nd and over 90 in third. The G-Chip will help with the high end
pull. IIRC, the stock rev limiter kicks in quickly and abruptly.

Tom M. Matthews
tmmatthews@worldnet.att.net
'95 GTI VR6