RE: tires

I ran a set of Dunlop SP8000's last summer and I put about 25000 miles on them (I still have them - planning to switch to PZERO's when it gets warm enough to run summer tires again).  I ran them hard and never had any problems with them.  I did a lot of fast back road driving and never did they let me down.  The only reason that I am going with the PZERO's is because a friend of mine is a tire dealer and I got them at half price.

Eric

>>> "Squier, Craig" <craig_squier@arvin.com> 02/01 12:08 PM >>>
Don't buy the Dunlops!

I bought them at about 30kmi to replace my GAs. They ran OK, but they all
had catstrophic sidewall failure at about 60kmi. On all 4 tires (The Dunlop
D60A2) the sidewalls got a 4" rip in the sidewall during regular driving and
using factory pressure settings. They all ripped within 3 weeks of each
other.
Basically you get what you pay for, the Dunlops are cheaper than most
others.
I would heartily recommend any of the Michelins out there. I would stay away
from these particular Dunlops. The S8000 and D40A2 might be better, but stay
away from the D60s...

Anyone else have this happen to the Dunlops?
-Cab
95 GLX