HELP - funky brake pads

So I got these brake pads - Raybestos. I'm curious though - They are thicker
at the inner radius than they are at the outer radius.?!?!?!?!?!!??!!? So now
that they are on there, the part closer to the hub is in contact (almost like
a knife-edge), while at the outer section there is a 1/4" gap. WTH? It looks
like they are getting ready to dig right into the rotor. And I don't want to
blow the $60 apiece PowerDiscs.

HELP. And by the way, anyone have advice on break-in methods?