RE: Spark Plug Wires

Anthony sez>
> Finally going to replace the factory spark plug wires, but I'm not to sure
on which ones to get. I've narrowed it
> down to either Eurosport or Neuspeed. Anyone running these, or any others
that they think are worth buying??

If you really must spend money on aftermarket wires, the only ones I'd
recommend are from Magnecor.
Their website:  http://www.magnecor.com explains a lot about the
construction of ignition wires, and
why a set of Magnecor's are different.

In my experience, if new wires help, its because the old ones were shot, not
because the new ones are
better.

I installed Magnecor's on my V10 truck when it was about 2 yrs old, and did
notice a subtle improvement
(aside from the cool red color).  Note that my truck is similar to the Jetta
in that it has a solid state
distributor-less ignition system, and thus there is no way I know of to
boost ignition output.

The other advantage with the Magnecor wires is that if a single wire were to
fail (I've had 2 wires fail over
the past 4 years due to inept dealershit service), Magnecor can send out
just the wire that you need,
which saves you a few dollars over the cost of the entire set.  With this
point in mind, be sure to save
the stock wires, for emergency use in the future.

I would more strongly recommend the Magnecor wires if there were a way to
boost ignition output
flowing through the wires (ie bigger coil/multi-spark device being added).
In high energy environments,
the Magnecor's really shine.

Even if you don't chose to purchase a set of Magnecor wires, their website
is still a good read.  Lots of
great info about ignition systems and wires.  I'll let you decide if you
believe their claims.

Hope that helps,

Steve Belt - Scotts, AZ
1998 VW Jetta GLX