Re: Clear-Tail-Lights

At 8:40 PM -0400 8/30/99, Chris Collier wrote:
>****This is not an opinion poll****
>This is not intended to start an opinion thread regarding clear tail
>lights.
>This is not intended to start any rice, (whatever that means), slander
>threads.
>This is not intended to be used as another excuse for there to be an
>inordinate amount of list banter concerning a topic.
>Just to get it out in the open.................
>THIS IS A PURELY COSMETIC OPTION FOR OUR CARS, IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE
>IDEA OF CLEAR LENSES, YOU DON'T HAVE TO ORDER THEM.
>
>thank you for your patience, and now on to the show......
>

>Is anyone interested in a group purchase of clear tail lights for their
>cars?
>Jetta III, and the Golf III included.......
>
>I would like to have enough people committed to receive a discount.
>
>If you are interested please email me.
>
>thank you,
>
>chris collier
>collier@iglou.com
>
>PS- i spell checked twice, so, you can't start a " you can't spell
>thread either", sorry!?

You didn't check for capitalization, however, and the only reason you
want clear lenses is because you have a white car. So, considering
your car will be all white (or at least without color), and that rice
is white, you, Chris Collier, will be the first person to create a
rice Jetta. Now all you have to do is spray paint your tires white.

Say, you still have that Quicktime VR of your car on the basketball
court, or am I mistaking whose that was....

Anyone remember the driver pages that vwvortex had? Those were pretty
sweet. Speaking of vwvortex, there are some images of the new S3, RS4
and S6. Sweet! Maybe I won't have to buy a BMW to get a much faster
car from the factory.

I'm totally for a M3 after my Jetta but I want an automatic, and the
M3's are stick shift only. (I can hear some of you shuddering, but
with the traffic here in the Seattle area, I get shin splints sitting
in stop and go traffic, and as one of my friends pointed out, cars
are too complicated, what with all the wheels, and buttons, and
levers, and pedals, and clutches-- there just has to be better
interface design, and it's called automatic transmission (or better
yet, tiptronic). :-)

-Khan