Re: rumors? and other stuff

I read that the Jetta Coupe, or CJ, was scrapped in favor of the Passat
coupe.  As far as that VR8 Jetta, I will believe it when I see it.  That car
in the pictures looked like a full blown race car, not a prototype of a soon
to be released car.  Anyone notice the full roll cage.  How many spy shots of
road cars are showing full roll cages.  I read that that car was for a
one-off race series, like the one that exists now for the A3 GLX...  in
Europe of course.

Anyway, I would buy the Jetta coupe in a second, though I doubt it will come
out.  I may opt for a 1.8t MK4 Jetta in a year or so, depending on how tired
I get of my GTI

BTW, I drove a friends Quattro TT Monday night.  That thing is super cool.
It handles so good, very flat.  The 180 hp 1.8t feels strong, but seeing as
how the car only had 231 miles, I didn't get a chance to really put the
hammer down.  It is a completley different experience than driving a VR6.
All the power comes on so low in the band, no turbo lag at all.  I would
drive it everyday if I had the opportunity.  My friend is talking to MTM
about a chip upgrade to 195hp and 230ft lbs of torque.  Must be nice

Billy T.
Paying 2k for 30(I hope) extra hp(head and cams on the way)