Bought a 2000 Jetta GLS VR6 - cd changer questions....

Hey all,

I just bought a 2000 Jetta GLS VR6 with 5speed/leather and 16" rims.

I must say that this car kicks some serious ass.  I never drove a VW
before... my previous car was a 1988 Chevy Cavalier Z24 5spd with 160,000
miles.... quite a piece of crap.

I am totally impressed by the VW so far...  Not sure what some of you are
talking about the electronic theft something or other on the dash... don't
really see anything there.

What kind of mileage (total life miles) is typical of a properly maintained
VW?  200k???

My car has the monsoon sound system... which rocks...  I love it....  it
didn't come with a cd changer though... there is a space in the trunk with
like a rectangular looking connector.

I'm shopping for an after market changer but I'm told an adapter doesn't
exist to hook up to an after market changer....  does anyone have any
clues???   Who makes the monsoon sound system?  Panasonic?  Clarion?  Bose?

If anyone has any info about this it would be greatly appreciated...  any
particular cool thing about the car that I might not know?

Thanks,
| Seann Dorand                      |  E-mail :  Seann_Dorand@ins.com      |
| Network Systems Engineer          |  Pager  :  (888) 796-2341            |
| International Network Services    |  Phone  :  (610) 313-4100            |
| 2500 Renaissance Blvd, Suite 300  |  Fax    :  (610) 313-4125            |
| King of Prussia, PA  19406        |  "The Knowledge Behind the Network"  |