AutoZone Deutsch VR6 filter = Hengst $11.99

Hey all.  I was in AutoZone this weekend getting filters/oil for the
Cabbie and Scirocco (I usually get OEM, but this was Sunday).  I figured
what the hell and checked out if they had any VR6 filters.  To my
surprise, they do carry them.  I opened the box and was even more
surprised to see that it is a Hengst filter inside!  So if you need a
filter quick (instead of waiting for mail-order), AutoZone has them.
The store I was at only had the newer style VR6 filter (the one where
the filter slips over the big ass spring).  They had a part number
listed for the older style (clip-in), but didn't stock it.  If I
remember right, the P/N for the newer style is 442 and the older style
is 441.

-Mike
97 Jetta GLX
88 Scirocco 16V