Re: Attn: Performance VW readers!!

MAOberer@aol.com wrote:

> Has anyone read the August issue of Performance VW?  I had some questions
> about some of the cars in there...
>
> Page 35---Blue GTI.  What the heck kindof hood is that?  Nice, but different.
>             ---Yellow GTI above that one, what kind of grill is that? Wild
> looking... Also the lower lip spoiler and side skirts...

 My guess both are French custom jobs.... since neither have been seen before and
are completely off track for the current trends in "Euro" styling... (The French
have their own ideas for "Euro" styling, and this is proof)  ;)

> Page 36, the small picture of the blue Cabrio, what type of turn signals are
> those molded into his bumpers? That is unique!

Porsche 911 side markers..  Been done before on a blue VR6 turbo from Munich.
This car does have what appears to be Kamei intake scoops, so that's a little bit
different than the Munich car...

--

-Steve.

http://users.sgi.net/~vwsport/97gti