Re: 2000 Cd Player

The best thing to do is go to a stereo store. They have all of the specs on
your car and will be able to hook up a changer with no problem.  The problem
with VW's pre-wiring is that it is set up for VW cd changer only so what the
install incurs is a total re-route of the wires and an adapter so it will
work with VW radio.  I would also suggest having that same car stereo shop
(good guys, car toys, magnolia hi fi, ultimate electronics) install it.  As a
car stereo installer I know that work especially if you have leather can
screw up interior if you do it wrong, and if they do it wrong they are
responsible for replacing anything ripped, scratched, or damaged.  They are
insured for stuff like that. and no amount of insurance you have will cover
it unless you li about it..:)