Re: Windows Tinted

Try to get a recommendation, especially from someone with power windows; look
at their tint and inspect it carefully.  Or, find a shop that has alot of
pictures of their work and has been in business a long time.  Look for
someone that uses smoke tint not  purple tint.  It should come with a
life-time warranty guarenteed not to peel, bubble, or turn purple.  Look for
a shop that does one full piece for the back window, it looks much better,
and that takes the door panels off to put the tint on.  If your getting your
front window strip done make sure they know how to get your mirror on and off
first before they start.  After you get it done never clean it with any glass
cleaner with amonia. To be safe, I use a spray specifically marketed for
tinted windows. There are a couple of brands like this.

Angel and Fernando, the tinted GLX

> I have never gotten the windows tinted in any car I owned so is their
>  anything I should look for when choosing a shop?  Type of film?  Cost?
etc.?