Re: I've been updated!!!

>Subject:     Re: I've been updated!!!
>Sent:        8/8/19 11:23 AM
>From:        Matt Zajac, MTZajac@beloit.com
>To:          JettaGLX list, jettaglx@igtc.com
>
>What do you mean "sleeper" ??

Matt:

   The term "sleeper" is pretty analogous to the term "Q-ship," which
basically is "a wolf in sheeps' clothing." What you do is style your car
to be very low-key (no chrome rims, no flashy spoilers, no window banner
stickers, none of that ricey stuff, either (and boo to the people who
don't like the term ricey)), then modify the engine to be a surprize.
What happens is the car ends up looking really sweet, very understated,
and very classy, causing those who see it to think, "That's a nice,
clean-looking car. But it's no Honda!" They won't see the flashy stuff
many souped-up cars have, and they'll be surprized when you blow them
away.

   Personally, my car's theme is black, and classy. Low-key modifications
(smoked-out reflectors, glossy-black rims, black, colour-matched badges,
and so forth) are what will make my car look classy and smooth.
Meanwhile, engine and handling modifications will turn it into a monster
that nobody ever saw coming.

-T
'95 GLX (black on black)

Zip-zap ... zip-zap ... it's Tom ... Tom Boyer ... cyng@lamere.net!