Re: To chip?

John,
Putting an aftermarket chip in the VR6 is essential.  There are very few
ways to get a sizeable power increase for such little money, so enjoy all
the cheap hp you can.  You will absolutely love the razor sharp throttle
response and increased pull from your motor.  I have the Neuspeed P-chip,
and I would recommend it for the following reasons over the competitors:
1. CARB exemption status, even here in CA (I have passed the smog check with
virtually no emissions with a chip, throttle body, Euro Sport cool flow and
muffler).
2. Industry leader and pioneer in chip tuning (spot-on tuning, reliability,
no pinging, no harmful overly lean conditions, etc.)
3. Developed on a dyno
4. Unable to be detected by the dealer's VAG computer, unlike most other
chips such as AMS, Garrett, etc.(I've proven it many times at the dealer,
and we've tested it at Velocity using their own VAG computer).
5. No need to upgrade the chip with further mods, as different programs are
accessed within the chip as needed.
6. I believe www.supremepower.net has the dyno test where the Neuspeed chip
goes head-to-head with the Garrett, and wins.
Don't hesitate to do the P-chip.  Give Velocity Sport Tuning in Carson, CA a
call for an unbiased opinion as to why the Neuspeed chip is the best on the
market; a claim which is substantiated by their own dyno tests(after all,
they can order any chip you want).
Enjoy,
Doug
'95 Jetta VR6