RE: engine mount inserts

There are a couple of things you can do with the front engine mount (two
pieces). The top part has a lot of holes (swiss cheese look) and can be
filled with silicone for a stiffer feel and less movement. I've never done
this procedure before but have heard good results from it.

You can also get a replacement for the lower front mount. The most popular
(er, the only one I know of actually) is the Turn2 (aka Whipple) mount. The
stock piece is very soft and looks like a jelly donut. The Turn2 mount is
made of polyurethane and reduces the horizontal movement of the engine,
providing crisper throttle response and smoother shifting. The Turn2 mount
goes for about $60, available from either Potterman
(http://www.parts4vws.com) or Velocity Sport Tuning (don't know web
address--always advertised in ec magazine).

Kevin Ng
97 GLX Windsor Blue