Re: Aftermarket Head-Unit Installation for the Compleat Idiot

Hey guys,

I replaced my factory Bose head unit with a Blaupunkt Las Vegas. AFAIK, the Bose
amp works at a 1 ohm load, and the speakers also work on a 1 ohm impedence.
Therefore, if you replace the amp, you will have to replace the speakers too. But
why wouldn't you? Even though they say Bose on them, they still suck, they just
suck a little less than factory. My plan was to accomplish having a system by
improving the factory system, then evenytually eliminating it. I added the
Blaupunkt Las Vegas. Big difference. Then I added a Fosgate Amp and 2 10" in a
Bandpass box in the trunk. Definite improvement. My next step is to eliminate the
Bose amp and stock speakers with 4 channel Fosgate amp and some MB Quarts. I think
I should be happy then. But, the goal is not to dump a bunch of money at once, do
it gradually, but still have a nice sounding system at the end. Questions, Comments
Suggestions?

Kenny
98 glx silver arrow
glxmann@bellsouth.net