Re: Badges (was Re: List Member Stickers)

>> I have a '95 (ugly grille, no vr6 badge), and I went to some effort to
>> yank _all_ my identifying marks from my trunk.  My \X/ logo is black, to
>> match the car, and I yanked the JettaIII, GLX, and VR6 badges.  IMHO, it
>> looks better (YMMV).

On my black '95, I did add a VR6 badge to the front grille (thanks yet
again, Kevin Ng!), left it chrome. I replaced the very faded, un-chromey
VW logo on the trunk lid with a glossy black one (courtesy of ND). I
painted the JettaIII badge a glossy black, did the same to the GLX badge,
but again left the VR6 badge chrome. I like it. I agree about the
stealth-mode, but it's all there if you look closely enough (which you
won't be able to do if you get beside me at a stop light!). Other low-key
styling mods include smoked-out side marker reflectors, smoked-out front
blinker/parking light reflectors, and smoked-out front dummy reflectors
(the ones between the blinkers and fogs). Eventually, I shall upgrade my
BBS rims to some 16", rounded, fat-bladed 5-spokes painted, as above, a
glossy black. Maybe tint the rear door windows and the rear windshield,
and that'll be that. :)
-T
'95 GLX
'84 GLi