Re: Year Round Performance

>Hi all,
(snip)
>     Also, I'm new to the whole performance thing, (I figured my old Golf
> with 165K  on it couldn't really use much)
(snip)
>Ryan "Where are my damn keys?" Mitchell
>98' GLX

WRONG! Your Golf, which has to be an '85-'88 with that mileage, could go
a long way. Tons of folks do huge mods to such cars, even to the extent
of swapping in a VR6 engine or a quattro setup. Those little four-bangers
can be a load of fun on their own, too. I, myself, have an '84 JettaGLi
(A1 frame, kind of like a Rabbit GTi with a trunk) and have done quite a
few things to it, not limited to a 2" lowering via Neuspeed and Boge
suspension ... meaning that if the body is in decent shape, anything else
can be replaced or upgraded. You can have a lot of fun with 'em. My old
Jetta's got 195k miles on it, and still is a blast to ram around in. It's
like an old MG or a go-kart. So don't give up on the Golf!
-T
'95 GLX (65k, black/black leather)
'84 GLi (195k, silver/blue leatherette)

Zip-zap ... zip-zap ... it's Tom ... Tom Boyer ... cyng@lamere.net!