Re: changing chips

Solson,
It would be a lot easier if you had an OBDII computer, but since you have a
'95, your computer is OBDI which means there is a lot more hastle.  Unless
you can find someone that can un-solder and then re-solder chips in, you
will most likely have to send your computer in to have a chip installed.
And you could also have someone solder in a socket so adding new chips would
be easier.
For more info, look here:
        http://www.panix.com/~aqn/GTI_VR6/gti_vr6/library/
        username: driver   password: hired
Oh, and one more thing,  GARRETT chips are the only way to go!!
        http://www.giacusa.com/
or Todd Sager @ AWE can help you out (he sells GIAC chips)
        http://www.awe-tuning.com/
         1-888-565-2257
Good Luck,
Chris
'97 Jetta GLX VR6

At 10:53 AM 4/8/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Hey everyone, I was just wondering if there was anyone out there with
experience replacing the computer chip in their GLX-VR6. I'm considering
either an Autotech or Neuspeed chips any comments on these? Also is there
anyone in the northern Virginia area who knows of a shop that could install
the chip so that I don't have to mail my ECU to the company.