Re: subwoofer

At 8:53 PM -0500 9/30/98, posaune wrote:
>Ng, Kevin (NationsCredit) wrote:
>
>> http://stealthbox.jlaudio.com/jetta.html
>>
>> I don't have one, but now I'm very interested in getting one after looking
>> at the pics.
>
>Me too, but why oh why didn't they do a little research so as not to put it on
>the side that VW intends their cd changers to go on.  Also, it seems to me
>that
>it would be better to get that weight on the opposite side of the driver
>anyway
>(but I guess that is why they make speakers, not performance parts :p ).

Anyone who installs this, I'd appreciate it if you could comment about the
color of the box vs. the color of the interior. It looks like they have a
charcoal color, while my interior is black. It's not a stealthbox if it's
noticeable.

Oh, and I am *REALLY* curious to find out how the thing "bolts" to the car,
and whether the stock Clarion tape deck could drive the thing? What wiring
would have to be done to hook up the sub?

-Khan

Khan Klatt <kklatt@nw.verio.net>                             Verio Northwest
Network Engineer                                    Bellingham Branch Office
Tel 800.591.2757 x 13                                    725 N. State Street
Fax 360.738.8315                                        Bellingham, WA 98225