Re: schroth rallye 4 (4-point)

On 09/30/1998 at 05:08 PM, chrphill@iquest.net (Chris) wrote:

>Hey,
>I just received my Rallye 4 harness today and was looking through the
>instructions before I installed it into my car.  I saw a part where I might
>have to bend the attachment point part so that it will have a straight line
>across your lap.  Has anyone else installed one of these??  Did you have to
>bend the attachment point??
>Thanks!
>Chris
>'97 Jetta GLX, Black

You'll have to bend the attachment at both rear points (I'm pretty sure, but it
could only be the center one) and also the one fastening to the front seat floor
seatbelt mount. On our cars, it's a pain to mount since you have to remove the
seat to attach it to the front seat.

Some hints:
1) Remove the rear seatback. It'll make access to the center seatbelt point much
easier.

2) When you remove the front seat, don't forget the little grey/white plastic
bushings on the seat tracks, otherwise you'll get a rocker seat.
In fact I've had one of them just fall off while moving the seat forward/back in
normal use. PITA! Maybe I need to re-lub the track.