Re: After market Stereo

>>Well now after two years I am seeing several dash components starting >>to fail.  First was the climate control lights went out.  Then the >>first stations (1 of 4) of the fan stopped working.

Do you still have the DRL's? I haven't had mine in almost a year, so I
can't remember if the climate control lights are on all the time along
with all the other lights. That might explain some of the failures, etc.

>My no. 1 fan speed also went bad about a year ago.  I since have had it
>fixed by replacing the whole switch (~$100).  Not too sure what caused >it to break.  BTW I still have the stock stereo w/cd changer.

There seems to be a trend here...when I bought my '95 GTI VR6 last year,
the #1 fan position was out. You should also shop around for the
switch...$100 is about $25 too much. IIRC, I got mine from Mike Potter
for ~$75. Had the stock stereo and no changer in it when I bought it.

Tom M. Matthews
tmmatthews@worldnet.att.net
'95 GTI VR6