Questions for listers with Clifford alarms (LONG)

Hey guys,

I had a Clifford Super Nova II alarm system installed in my Jetta this
weekend and wanted to speak with other list members with Cliffords to see
if these guys got things right.

The shop had a rough time with the install, they started late Saturday
afternoon but didn't get things working correctly and sorted out until
Sunday when I brought it back.

Onto the questions:

Anyone have ignition controlled that don't cause the factory alarm to
trip? The only way they got them to work is with the factory alarm
disconnected. If both systems are connected, when you shut off the car,
the car unlocks and you open the door, the factory alarm sounds. Solution,
I had them deactivate the ignition controlled lock feature on the Clifford
and leave the factory system connected, I think the car is more secure
with both systems on. (The Clifford remote controls both systems)

Next, I still have my DRLs active so when the alarm sounds,
(arm/disarm/trip) the headlights flash along with the parking lights. Is
this normal? Sitting inside the car while the alarm is going off, I
noticed that all the dash lights cycle on and off with the flashing lights
as if you are turning the ignition on and off. I hear the relay clicking
as well. Is this normal? Or did they tap into the wrong circuit?  I
suspect that repeated flashing of the headlights will cause them to blow
prematurely so now I pull the handbrake up when I park, voila, no
headlight flash, only parking lights.

Overall I like the system, I have remote trunk on one channel and remote
sunroof closure on the other. I have to take it back this weekend for them
to adjust the impact sensor so I figure if any of the problems noted above
are in fact problems, I'll have them look at it then.

Sorry about the length, thanks for any input,
-Naresh

'95 Jetta GL- Black

AirCondition Mod, Clifford, Kenwood, more on the way....
The madness has begun, oh no!!!