From: owner-jettaglx@igtc.com [mailto:owner-jettaglx@igtc.com]On Behalf
Of John Hamill
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 1998 7:52 PM
To: jettaglx@igtc.com
Subject: Re: Stock Bose Stereo

Wow, I must have a freak car. My 94 GLX is an early German made model (so I
suppose there are ~1500 others with the same setup from 94). The rear
tweeters
are faded with the rear 6 1/2" main door speakers. Interestingly, my car has
cutouts in the steel of the rear deck for 6" rounds (can be seen when
looking in
from the trunk), so I could install additional rears easily. The rear door
tweeters are quite clear and loud. I'm 6'5" so I have the seat back a ways
and
hear them easily. Rear passengers always comment on how good the sound is. I
didn't have to "get them working", they came that way. I don't know how many
other GLX's have rear door tweeters working because the whole topic is
rather
insignificant.

FlyinVR6 wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm not just speaking for my own car, if you're familiar with GLX's at all
> you would know that my comments apply to probably about 99% of Jetta GLX
> owners. How many other GLX owners do u know of that have rear door
tweeters
> working? I know a ton of GLX owners too from the car clubs that I belong
> and from the events and shows I have attended, and not a single GLX owner
> that I have met has had those tweeters working....you're the first. BTW,
how
> do they sound? Are they subtle or can u pick them out from the rest of the
> speakers during a regular playback? Are they part of the front or rear
> speakers when you're controlling the fader?
> Later,
> -FlyinVR6
> ICQ : 8994103
> AIM : SwiftVR6
> \X/ Real Drivers Wanted \X/
> http://members.aol.com/qwikvr6/index.html

Speak
> for
> your own car.
>
> FlyinVR6 wrote:
>
> > Hey,
> > The rear door tweeters are the best fake-out in car stereo history. They
> > have never worked on any year GLX. I honestly don't even know if they
> would
> > benefit the imaging of the sound in your car if they did work anyway.
> > Take care,
> > -FlyinVR6
> > ICQ : 8994103
> > AIM : SwiftVR6