From: owner-jettaglx@igtc.com [mailto:owner-jettaglx@igtc.com]On Behalf
Of posaune
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 1998 7:52 PM
To: jettaglx@igtc.com
Subject: Re: Stock Bose Stereo

FlyinVR6 wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm not just speaking for my own car, if you're familiar with GLX's at all
> you would know that my comments apply to probably about 99% of Jetta GLX
> owners. How many other GLX owners do u know of that have rear door
tweeters
> working? I know a ton of GLX owners too from the car clubs that I belong
> and from the events and shows I have attended, and not a single GLX owner
> that I have met has had those tweeters working....you're the first.

As I remember it, all of the older GLX's had working speakers back there.  I
started looking at GLX's when there were still a few '94s around.  They (and
the first '95s -- maybe all of them) had tweeters in the rear door.  They
also
had the mid/bass in the rear door -- nothing was on the shelf.  I drove many
of
them from many different dealers -- they all had the door speakers.  It
wasn't
'till I drove a '96 (pre-Bose) that I noticed that the speakers had moved to
the rear deck.

Now, maybe if you are saying that most of the older cars' door speakers
*broke*
or
*stopped* working, fine, but if you are saying 99% of GLXs came without the
speakers there in the first place, I believe you are incorrect.

But yes, I know all of the '96, '97, and '98s just have dummy panels in the
doors.

-erik
8-96 '97 GLX (with the Bose system and dummy panels in the doors)