Re: Stock Bose Stereo

Okay...  I just went out to my car ('98 White Jetta GLX w/ BOSE) and
took off the passenger-side grille on the front dash.  There are TWO
speakers.  I didn't bother taking off the driver-side (assuming I don't
have a 9-speaker system).   If you have the BOSE system, you will
notice that the two speakers are angled slightly toward each other in
the directory of the driver-side.  Kind of cool when you actually see it.

If you have the Bose system and only have 8 speakers, then you must
have gotten screwed.  Make sure they gave you an amplifier in the
rear as well (under the rear deck in the trunk).

BTW, Production date = 11/97 |  Production Plant = Puebla, Mexico.

c-ya,

-Chuck Simpson
'98 White Jetta GLX
BOSE 10 speaker version...