Air Intake Temps... Results

Took my heat sheild out on Saturday, and went about my daily business.
Withe the A/C on, on the freeway, temps reached 121 degrees.  With the
A/C off, temps never went below 110.  With the heat shield, my temps are
around 90 degrees, and only get above 100 after the car has had a chance
to sit with the motor off.  So, it is safe to say, that the heat shield
is accountable for at least a 20 degree less intake temp.  Didn't get a
chance to route a cool air source, but I would say, that on the freeway,
the temp would drop another 10 degrees.  I want to do some more work to
it before I offer the design for sale, but I am pretty sure that the
final production version will be made of ABS plastic, similar to the
airbox.  I will keep every one posted as the heat shied develops.  I may
also design a heat shield to work with the airbox, for those that have
removed thier snorkel, as well as some other ABS trim pieces for the
engine.

Billy T.