RE: The stick

All the info you'll need can be found at:
http://www.panix.com/~aqn/GTI_VR6/gti_vr6/library/transmission/vibrating_kno
cking_shift_lever.html   and
http://www.panix.com/~aqn/GTI_VR6/gti_vr6/library/transmission/vibrating_kno
cking_shift_lever_fix.html
(user: driver / passwd: hired)

I myself have NEVER had this problem, so I do not know from experience
whether there's any truth to the fix(es).

Hope this helps,
Kevin Ng
97 GLX Windsor Blue